Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hub City Survival

This past week, I've finished the writing project I've been working on for the past year, entitled Hub City Survival. It revolves around a young woman from Moncton NB who finds herself very suddenly thrown into the middle of the apocalypse.

As a NaNoWriMo participant, I find writing to be a difficult thing to give up even after spending an entire month writing roughly 2,500 words a day. Last year, after it was over, was when I started this project. It began on deviantArt with just a single entry. Then, a few people actually thought it was real! That hooked them, and I was able to get a small following of people reading every installment. Finishing the story was of utmost importance since I had such a following.

I have kept the entire thing online, but I hope to be self-publishing it very very soon. I know that many people will not purchase the book since it is all online, so I threw in a couple of extras. There is a side-story with brand new characters, set in the same time line, and I will be including some fanart from deviantArt fans!

If you're curious to read the story, I have collected all of the parts onto a single journal on deviantArt so they can be accessed easily. You can access them all here. The side-story will not be made available online.

I wouldn't quite consider this story to be a novel; I believe it is likely too short. It holds a very special place in my heart, however, and I believe the ending to be melancholy but faithful to the story.

The date I have planned for release is Oct. 10, 2010, which is International Zombie Day. I have everything finished but need to compile it all together and do a final read-through.

If you're interested, I hope you'll check out the story!

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment