Friday, October 28, 2011

Go for the goal!

It's nearing the end of October, which can only mean one thing.


Well, all right, two things. Wise guy.

NaNoWriMo is approaching! And this year I've decided... well, I'm actually not going to do it at all. I have too much going on this year! And besides that, with all the writing projects I have on the go... I really, really shouldn't be starting another one.

What I've decided is that this year, I'm going to substitute NaNo for finishing (or, in some cases, starting) a couple of my writing projects, not all of which are necessarily literature. True to NaNoWriMo mentality, though, I will be working on this every day, and I will set a goal for myself. I won't sign up for the website and give myself a word goal, because then I know I'll be tempted to participate in NaNo itself! Instead, I'm going to use my blog to update on my progress.

Without further ado, my goals:

1. Finish last year's novel. I wrote the 50,000 words, that is true, but I couldn't find the ending. This month, it will be finished.
2. Finish the planning for Population: 1.
3. Plan and script another cooking video. You know, just because the last one was so much fun.
4. Do a soft edit of the draft of last year's novel.
5. Finish writing the song I started earlier this year.

I will try to do one a week. Since there are just about 5 weeks in November and some of the goals are a little shorter (the first and last week are not complete weeks), I should have enough time. Should.

Wish me luck, and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment